Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Settling In

Sorry for the long gap between posts. We are all moved in to the new house and are settling in nicely.

Good Friday was moving day. We enlisted our friends (some amazingly hard working people) who helped us get our furniture from all corners of the city and get it all settled into our new home. It ended up being a really fun day and we topped it off with pizza and beer and great conversation.

Saturday we took the truck to my sisters and helped her move. :) By Saturday night we were exhausted... LOL

Sunday morning I was madly unpacking, and cleaning, and arranging. So far i have 2 bags of clothes and 2 boxes of kitchen stuff for the Salvos Shop.

Sunday afternoon was our family Easter afternoon tea (combined with the SIL's birthday and nephews birthday). The kids had an egg hunt and it was actually a really fun afternoon.

Monday I spent organising and unpacking. The 4 main rooms of the house are done - ie, kitchen, dining room, living room, bedroom. Ross's computer room and my sewing room are still in states of chaos, but I am working through mine. We also still have a storage shed full of stuff, although to be completely honest most of it is probably going to end up at the Salvos shop or in the bin. Considering most of it has been there for over a year and I can't even remember what is there, I think it is time to let go.

Yesterday was a Jammie Day. I was buggered and just needed to rest. I had Buffy on the DVD player and my stitching, and I was happy. :)

Since I am just setting up my new house and am in the process of cleaning, organising, and decluttering, I figured now was the perfect time to get some expert help and have signed up for Fly Lady emails. I am going to start working my way through the 31 days of Baby Steps that are designed to get you started on the way to being more organised. Day 1 is "Shine your Sink". Since I am already getting myself into the habit of getting my dishes done every night (something I used to be really slack at) this one is going to hopefully be easy. I will do it tonight after dinner.

Things are really good and I promise there will be more posting happening here.

xox

NOTE: Some of you may have noticed there is no longer any weight loss stuff here. Some people who are reading this are people I do not want knowing about this part of my life. I have started a new anonymous weight loss blog. It is just for me to sort through my own crap. So I apologise, but none of that information will be on here anymore.

No comments: