Monday, June 20, 2011

A Weekend Spiritual Connection Retreat



I have had - such  -an amazing weekend. I am not going to go into it all because to be honest, it is really quite personal, but I'll give you the blurb.

It started Friday night with my fist lesson of the weekend (first of many many lessons).

Listen to your gut.

My car broke down on the way there. And I knew it would. All day I knew there was something wrong, even though the car drove perfectly in the morning. But I convinced myself I was being paranoid. Luckily I got it to a town where I had phone service so I could call the RAA. The car had to be towed to the depot - in the opposite direction to where I was headed. So I let them take it while I sat in the closed up town in the dark trying to figure out how to get to the Retreat.

Luckily for me one of the facilitators was happy to come and get me. So I got there late, but I got there.

I really surprised myself by staying completely calm throughout, and arrived in surprisingly good spirits.

The weekend was filled with meditations, and workshops, and card readings (we were doing for each other), and healings (both done within on ourselves and by the facilitators when needed), and sharing, and the most amazing food imaginable.

The food... Oh the food...

All vegetarian. All organic. All incredible. I was in food heaven. We started Friday night with haloumi & vegetable skewers, with a devine chickpeas salad followed by a banana and tofu pudding. Breakfast on Saturday was a selection of organic muesli's and cereals, fruit, toast, rhubarb compote, yogurts, nuts and seeds. Lunch organic pumpkin soup with the most amazing bread. Afternoon tea was a mouth watering apple and date loaf. Dinner was a devine roasted vegetable lasagne followed by apple pie. But the piece de resistance (for me anyway) was Sunday breakfast. Eggs scrambled with basil pesto and feta on a bed of spinach with tomato and cooked mushroom. It was heavenly. Before we left we had some incredible chocolate brownies to finish off the weekend.

I came away from the weekend feeling amazing. I had revelations and insights and have come away with a stronger sense of who I am and where I need to be headed.

I met some absolutely amazing women. Women who have so much inner strength and light. Women who I really connected with and llok forward to spending time with in the future.

xox

2 comments:

Megan said...

Good work on staying calm through the whole car ordeal, I would have been a wreck!

It sounds like you had an amazing time, I'm so happy it was a good experience for you. But I have to say - that dessert sounds like absolutely my worst nightmare... banana AND tofu in the same dish? That is disgusting!!

Sarah said...

You did so wonderful staying calm.

It just sounds so amazing it nearly brings me to tears thinking about the experience you must have had.

The food was made for me!! yumzo.

You rock:)