Wednesday, December 8, 2010

World's Greatest Shave Update

Daily Quote

The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling,
but in rising every time we fall.
- Nelson Mandela

Well, things are progressing for my Worlds Greatest Shave event.  Ness and Katt are coming over from Melbourne to witness the event...  I have the raffle books for my raffle. I'll be ordering the fundraising chocolates soon. I have a quilt to auction on E-Bay which will go online within the next 2 weeks. And donations are slowly starting to filter through.

I am having minor panic attacks at the thought of losing my hair. So I am making a list of reasons that having no hair will be a GOOD thing... :)

1) The money raised is going to an amazing charity that has helped too many people that I know.
2) I will save money on shampoo and conditioner
3) No more "hat hair" from my bike helmet
4) Getting ready for work will be quicker
5) Won't accidentally pull my hair by rolling over on it at night
6) No more tangles
7) Cooler
8) No more slamming my hair in the car door on windy days
9) Will be able to ride in my friends convertibles without getting whipped in the face by the ends of the hair
10) Give my scalp a chance to see sunlight

OK, I need to focus on this list and remember that I am doing this for a very good reason and I will be fine.  Plus, it will grow back eventually... :)

100 Days of Gratitude - Day 23
Today I am grateful for this beautiful rain we have been having that feels so cleansing to me. I love it.

xox

No comments: