Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Achilles Update

So I went to the Physio last night expecting to get the all clear to go back to everything except running as I really have not had much pain of late.

It turns out I have a lump on the back of my Achilles. The Physio is not sure at this point if it is still part of the injury or if a lump of scar tissue has formed. As soon as he touched it I was in tears just about. So...

I CAN
 - keep riding
 - walk on flat ground
 - go hiking as long as it is in a flat area (unsure where I will find a spot like that but I will look)
 - try body balance
 - try Yoga
 - try Pilates
 - swim

I CAN NOT
 - walk or hike up any hills
 - go for more than 2 walks in any week
 - run
 - try Zumba
 - do any high impact activity

Poop Bum Wee... Actually, the words I used were more colourful than that, but you know what I mean. :) Now I concerned about next week. I am meant to be going to Camp Quality but the place we are staying is in the hills and I am pretty sure it is on a slope. I am waiting to hear back from the staff to find out the lay of the land - if it is hilly I will have to pull out, and they are already quite short staffed. But I have to take care of me first. Although if I can't go I will feel guilty forever....  I should know by the end of the day.

100 Days of Gratitude - Day 58
Today I am grateful that I have got in touch with all my friends in Qld and they are all safe from the floods.

xox

No comments: