Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Where have I been?

Sorry for the absence folks.  I was planning on blogging yesterday, but alas, life stepped in as it often does...

Saturday after my Biggest Morning Tea was a lovely relaxing day.  Mum came over for dinner and we had a great time.  I am so glad my Mum and Mother-In-Law get along, and actually have a lot in common.  They are both quilters, are both serious cat-lovers, and both love to garden.  It gives them hours of conversation. 

Sunday morning we got up early to go for a walk.  Both of us were feeling the after effects of bowling.  If you haven't done it for a long time it does wonders for your gluts.  Needless to say we both had sore butts for a few days...  From there Sunday was a truly Chillaxing day.  We sorted through around 15 boxes of books that have been in storage for way too long.  We separated 2 boxes to go to the Book Exchange, and kept 2 boxes at the house we are staying at, and the rest got sent back to storage.  I found several books I had forgotten all about which got me all excited.  Other than that, we did nothing.  It was lovely.

Yesterday Ross woke with pain in his chest.  He decided it wasn't too bad and decided to go to work.  By lunch time he was in pain, so took himself off to hospital.  Those of you who have been readers for a long time know that he had a collapsed lung in April last year, and he was concerned it was happening again.  Thankfully, his lung is okay, however they have kept him in hospital overnight for observation and to do a few more tests this morning.  What they are concerned about is that he may be developing heart disease.  His Dad passed away last year from heart disease and he was only 67.  He had his first bypass operation at 50.  We are in our late 30's now and the doctors want to make sure that it isn't starting with him.  By last night they were reasonably confident that he is okay, but want him to do a stress test today to make sure.  I am glad they are being careful, but I really wish he was home already...  I just want him home...

So I am at work this morning and will be heading off after my appointments to (hopefully) pick him up and bring him home.  Our plans for last night to check out a meditation group were obviously put on hold.  But there is always next week.

The only other thing happening is that I am probably going to pull out of the current Start Running Group and join in with the next one next term.  I have not been running much and feel like I have put too much pressure on myself.  I improved a lot really quickly, and now just want to let this solidify before I move on.  I will make my decision on that by tomorrow.

Hope everyone is well.  Sorry I haven't been commenting on blogs, I have been reading them, just mainly on my phone and I can't comment from there.



spunkysuzi said...

I've already suffered from heart disease and had to have a stent put in. Sounds like they are doing an awesome job monitoring your hubs!! Early detection of anything is always good.

Emz said...

Hope everything turns out okay, Kylie.. my thoughts are with you xoxo Let me know if you need to cancel Fri night.

Alibongo said...

hope all turns out well!!