Thursday, June 10, 2010

Caffeine Update

Yesterday was horrible.  Headaches.  Tummy aches.  The shakes.  Hot flushes.  

Last night I had a Reiki appt booked in.  I felt okay at first.  But...  I get very hot when I do Reiki.  I had the heater on so that J would be comfortable.  I got quite warm, but I was okay.  Until the very end.  All of a sudden I got really hot, my tummy started churning and I felt like I was going to pass out.  I grabbed a seat (thankfully I was nearly finished and was doing her arms so I could sit) and it passed after a while, but it was horrible.  When the session finished I guzzled down a great big glass of water (I probably drank over 3 litres yesterday).

This morning I woke up with just the mildest of headaches.  I haven't taken any pain killers this morning and I feel okay.  I do have a bit of tummy churning happening, but only very lightly. 

I believe I am through the worst of it.

It is very strange not having caffeine on a daily basis.  This is the longest I have gone without it for around 20 years I would guess.  But I am hoping the addiction is gone and now I can get through, having the occasional coffee with friends, but not needing it on a daily basis.

I feel good.

xox

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're through the worst of it now :) Well done!