Sunday, June 20, 2010

Lazy Weekend

I had so many plans for this weekend.  Despite wanting to stay close to home so I could be on hand to help MIL out with Grandad as much as possible.  But I still had lots of things I wanted to do.

Yesterday the plan was to get up early and ride to a Beginners Yoga class in the city.  But it was raining, and my bed was so warm, and I had been up with Grandad several times in the night, and I was reading a really good book...

So I decided to stay in bed and read for a while.  It was bliss. :o)

I got up later than I have gotten up in who knows how long.  I made some more cards (post below), helped out with Grandad, then went back to bed to have a nanna nap and to read.

This morning I woke up feeling really sick in the tummy.  But despite being up with Grandad a couple of times in the night again and really not sleeping well, I couldn't sleep.  Since I had finished my book yesterday (The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo - awesome book, highly recommended) I grabbed a new one and lay in bed reading.  This time not feeling overly well.

It is now 7.30pm.  Ross made me get up to try and eat something.  I had some French Toast for dinner, and am not feeling too bad.  I have read 2 books today (am reading the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris and they aren't overly thick).  I feel completely lazy.  I am exhausted despite doing nothing for 2 days, but I do feel a bit better.  Hopefully I am better tomorrow for work.

Since giving up caffeine a couple of weeks ago I have been suffering from severe anxiety.  Worse than I ever had before.  I know it is a symptom of the withdrawal, however it has been absolutely horrible.  It doesn't help that despite my life being pretty good right now, I do have a few things going on that are stressing me out.  So my anxiety has been working on that and really doing my head in.  I think that is where the tummy pains have come from.

Thankfully it seems to have settled down, although not completely disappeared.  Hopefully it will go completely soon as this is not a good way to live.  I don't know how people who suffer ongoing anxiety function.  It is truly awful to feel like that all the time.

That's it from me.  I am hoping for a better week this week all round.

xox

2 comments:

Em said...

I hope you're feeling better, hun. Anxiety is awful :( I'm one of those people who suffers from it all the time, even while on anti-depressants... In a weird way you do kind of get used to it but at the same time sometimes its just so intense that you can't keep still.. It's yuck :(

How is your tummy feeling now?? Did you try some Reiki?? xoxo

Kylie said...

Oh Em, I don't know how you function with constant anxiety. I hate it. Thankfully today hasn't been too bad. A few periods of it but not constant like it has been.

The tummy is getting better. I have eaten 2 meals today which is good. I am sure it is related tot he anxiety and stress though.

I have done some Reiki and it got rid of some of it, but not all of it. Will do some more tonight.
:o)