Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Drowned Rat

Yep - that's me today.  I got so wet this morning riding in to work.  As soon as I got here I stripped off and changed.  Luckily I have spare underwear at work for just this situation... LOL  Unfortunately I did not have spare socks and my socks are currently sitting right in front of the heater trying to dry while my tootsies freeze!  I was so wet I could actually wring out my trackies and my gloves to get rid of a lot of the water.

I actually don't mind riding in the rain, as long as I am not on main roads.  Of course, I prefer it on the way home so I can climb straight into a hot shower.... 

Weigh in yesterday and I gained 300g.  Not surprised as I did say that I didn't believe last weeks loss was a true loss.  And it wasn't too much to gain back.  I nearly made it to the 100kms on the bike last week.  I would have made it with spare if I had come to work on Friday.  But that's okay.  I am still on track as there is still 9 weeks and 1 day till the end of winter.

I still haven't been out for a run.  I was going to go last night but my MIL was not well so I wanted to get home asap to take over looking after Grandad.  If it is not raining tonight I will do it then.  This is when I think about a gym membership as I could use a treadmill.  But the cost just isn't worth it for the occasions I would use it.

Nothing else really going on.  I am reading another really good book about urban legends.  It traces about 60 urban legends to find the origin and to find out if they are based in fact or just completely fabricated.  It's really interesting reading.

Hope you all have a great Tuesday and manage to stay drier than me!

xox

2 comments:

Em said...

Yes, I was a drowned rat too this morning! I had spare socks luckily because my shoes were soaked ... but my pants are currently sticking to my knees! Yummy :P

Hope you get your run in soon :) xox

Fat for a Triathlete said...

I stayed indoors on the bike trainer this morning, lol.

But I think I am going to have to get my rain jacket on and brave the cold tonight to take Superdog for a walk. :(