Monday, June 7, 2010

Oh Dear...


But before we get to that....  I had a really good day yesterday.  I got to sleep in and got up at 7.30.  Now for most, that doesn't sound like a sleep in, but for me, that is bliss.  I went for a walk to get my morning Iced Coffee then came home and realised I had a whole day ahead of me with absolutely no plans.  Oh, what to do...

I spent some time with my Tarot Cards.  I drew a 3 card spread, studied the cards that came out, then once I had them right in my head did a reading of the cards.  It was fun. 

Then I made a little pillow, watched some TV, had some lunch, surfed the Net, did some shopping, and saw this amazing double rainbow.  It was so beautiful.


Now for the Oh Dear...

Over the weekend, I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror, sitting down.  It's back.  It's nearly all back.  All that weight I worked so had to move, it looks like it's nearly all back.  Time to get on the scales.  The scales were not as high as I expected, but they were too high.  And I look terrible....  It is not my highest weight - thankfully - and it is not back to where I was at the beginning of the year..  But it is way way way too high.

The problem is, I can't count calories again.  I hate it.  It sucks.  But it works.  Plus I love cooking lots of different things, and my MIL cooks a few nights a week, it is too hard.

So I have come to a compromise for myself.  I will count calories until 5pm.  I will allow myself half of my daily allowance until then.  After that I can eat whatever I want for dinner.  There will be no chocolate afterwards, no desserts (most of the time), no junk food.  But whatever I eat for dinner is allowed and free. 

I am going to up my exercise.  Back to the running.  Riding to work.  Taking the long way home.  I'm going to start yoga next weekend.  Even thinking about going back to the - gulp - gym....

I will give this a month.  If I don't shift anything I will reassess, but I HAVE to do something.  As much as I hate it, my body is becoming uncomfortable again.  I need my body to be healthy so that I can be healthy in all aspects of myself.

xox

3 comments:

Fat for a Triathlete said...

I've given up on my food diary recently too and found that I am at my heaviest this year at the moment. It's rather depressing to be honest.
I don't want to have to think about what I eat for the rest of my life. Honestly, it's a chore! I figured I had it pretty much right, and I am frustrated as hell...
But it works :(

DBFiveGirl said...

Hey there girl. Haven't spoken in ages. Have been so slack. Well, have also been acting in my boss' role and moving house and various other things. Will email you once we have the net on at home (hurry up iinet!). xxx

Em said...

Ahhh Kylie :( I too am at that point! I'm completely at a loss because I know I can't count calories again. I just can't. I get obsessive and it sends me into a major binge cycle (although I'm in that cycle at the moment anyway!!!) I think your idea is a good one. You are such a fantastic cook and lets face it, you can make yummy, healthy meals, but they are SO much yummier and healthier with the right amount of oil, salt, cheese etc. Life is there to live and enjoy good food, but at the same time, as you said, you need to be healthy to live it properly!

I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do.. I'm at a complete loss!!!

xoxox