Tuesday, November 3, 2009

4 Days & Counting

I have now gone 4 days meat free. I guess I am doing this... :o) Last night Ross made me a fritatta with mushroom and spring onion with fresh coriander & Chili flakes. Yummo!


Tonight I made a pasta bake. I had the Dolmio Mushroom Pasta Bake sauce in the cupboard. The jar said to mix it in with noodles and chicken. Instead of the chicken I added a can of red kidney beans, half a can of corn (left over from the other night) and a handful of mushrooms, plus a dash of dried oregano. I was so worried that it wouldn't work out, but it turned out great!



It came out of the oven smelling absolutely Divine.


And the good news is that it tasted as good as it smelled. This is the first time I have ever had kidney beans. I wasn't real sure at first what I thought of it, as it was quite different. And the texture of the beans was odd. I am a big one for textures. If the texture is off I won't eat the food. But after a few mouthfuls I decided that I really did like it. And Ross went back for seconds, so I guess he did too!


Tomorrow night we are starting to move things to storage for the big move, so it will be leftovers. There is a bit of the corn & avocado salad left, plus the rest of the pasta bake. I need to find something new for Thursday though. Can't wait to see what we have!


xox

No comments: