Saturday, November 7, 2009

Meal in 10 minutes - now that's fast food...

Until a very short time ago, after a day like I had today, when I am so incredibly tired both physically and mentally, my idea of a quick and easy dinner would have been to have something like this...


Or this...

However now that I am trying to eat meat-free, and make generally healthier choices, these are no longer options. I still needed something quick and easy. My day started at 7 am with cleaning the kitchen, then packing most of it up, then moving it all to the new place, then home to pack up the bedroom and dining room, then borrow the MIL's car and trailer, load up some of the smaller furniture, over to the new place, unload, home, next room... Get the idea. And of course, I twisted my ankle this morning so have done all of this while limping around.

So what do I have that is quick and easy? We had hot chips last night (I know, not healthy) so that was not an option. Wandering around the IGA I found this...
And


Cooks in 6 minutes. I added a bag of frozen steam fresh veg, a handful of mushrooms, some cheese, with a side serve of bean salad from the chip shop, and you get...

It was so yummy and SO filling. I'll be honest, the bean salad only got nibbled on. The pasta with all the veg mixed in was more than enough for a meal. Guess what we are having for lunch tomorrow. But now I have no excuses. I know that I can prepare a vegetarian, filling, healthy-ish meal in around 10 minutes. You can't get much quicker or easier than that!
xox

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep I agree......"fast food" is a myth. It actually takes longer to drive there/get it delivered than it does to whip something up from home. I keep a pasta sauce in the cupboard for those kind of nights and just throw in some chicken...much faster, cheaper and healthier :)