Sunday, November 29, 2009

One month trial over

At the end of today my one month trial of eating meat-free will be over. It has gone by so fast. To be honest, I didn't think I would be able to get through the first week without finding it all too hard. But quite the opposite was true. It has been fun coming up with alternatives to meat. Finding new recipes and trying them out in my new kitchen. Trying lots of different foods to try and experiment with.

So, I have decided to extend the trial to 3 months. Which could be difficult as it takes me right through Xmas, my husbands birthday, and my birthday. But I am really not ready to go back to eating meat just yet. I am also not quite ready to swear it off completely. So the result of that is, extended trial.

So yesterday I went to a place called Gaganis Bros which is a food and kitchenware wholesaler. The warehouse is massive! Everything is available in bulk and is wickedly cheap. We spent heaps and stocked up on plenty. Most of it Mum is going to give us as part of our Xmas hamper this year. We got lentils, red kidney beans, white beans, chickpeas, soup mix, spices, herbs, honey, cheeses, chocolate, coffee, storage containers, some fancy bowls, sundried tomatos, olives, oil... There was just so much to choose from! Our cupboard will be so well stocked come Xmas. And I will have no excuses not to eat well.



xox

No comments: