Thursday, December 3, 2009

Fun Cooking Challenge

I have decided to set myself a fun little challenge to cook 1 new recipe a week, every week, for 3 months. That comes to 13 new recipes over the next few months. Since it is the first week in December, I am starting now.


Tonight I made Texan Tacos. Although I didn't have taco shells, so I made them like burritos using tortilla wraps. They were delicious. The taco part was made with Sanitarium Casserole Mince, which is 'minced wheat gluten in gravy', with onion and red kidney beans. I really like red kidney beans, but I hate the texture. So I used my Tupperware happy chopper and chopped them up. Mixed in with taco seasoning and a can of chopped tomato's, and you have vegetarian taco filling.


We started with lettuce, piled on the taco mix, then topped it with tomato's, cheese, avocado and taco sauce.


They were absolutely divine. Incredibly filling, but not heavy like burritos normally feel to me. This is yet another thing that will definitely be made in our house again.

Now to find a new recipe for next week. This is fun!

xox

No comments: