Friday, December 18, 2009

Relay for Life 2010

For the last 5 year I have captained a team in the SA Cancer Council’s annual Relay for Life. It is often quite a lot of work to get the team organised, get all the fundraising done and money banked, get costumes, team banners, theme related stuff organised, do a walking chart for the event itself, make sure everyone has everything…

After last years event I said – no more. I needed a break. Then the events of this year began to unfold and there was absolutely no way I could have even imagined captaining another team. A friend of mine was going to pick up the reigns and take over, but his year has been chaotic as mine, so ended up not having the time to do anything either.

For the last week or so I have been thinking a lot about it. I love Relay. Despite the work in the lead up, the event itself is absolutely awesome. I called S and asked if he was still going to captain a team. No, but he would help if I did.

We have been the Pink Angels for the last 4 years, but the costumes are in storage and are in need of repair. So a change of name and theme was needed.

Chaos Inc was born.

The event is the last weekend in March and I am hoping to be able to run a few laps. Last year, just walking, I walked 26.4kms. This year I am aiming for 30kms over the 19 hours. The Cancer Council has now set up online registrations and fundraising as well, which makes the whole process so much easier.

Our team goal is to raise $1000. Even though I don’t actually have a full team yet… I am sure I will get enough people though. If anyone reading this would like to sponsor Chaos Inc, please go to our fundraising page here.

Now that the team is registered I am excited and can’t wait.

xox

No comments: