Monday, February 22, 2010

Struggling

Today is one of those days where I just want to chuck it all in and eat a hamburger with fries washed down with a thick shake. I am sore from yesterdays run. I am tired from a full on weekend. I am bored at work. And I have the beginnings of a cold – headache, sore throat, funny tummy, slight temp – thanks to my lovely sharing husband who has had said cold for several days now.

So here is the thing. How do I get through? So far I have managed to do okay. Lunch and dinner are planned. Healthy snacks abound. I am not hungry. But I just ‘feel’ like eating. And I feel like eating crap.

These are the days when I blow a week of good work in one day. And I don’t want to do that this time. But 25 years of bad habits and giving in when I feel like this are hard to fight. ESPECIALLY when I feel like this… It’s like I am stuck in some sort of vicious circle and I don’t know how to stop it.

Sorry for the depressing blog, but I figured if I write it out it may give me the oomph I need to fight this and have a good day.

xox

2 comments:

Deb BC said...

Hang in there. I had exactly that day both days of the weekend and I gave in, and now I wish I hadn't. Sending good, positive vibes. xox

MattDogTraining said...

I am very interested to hear how you got on after wanting to visit the 'bottom of the vicious circle'

dog