Monday, March 8, 2010

Great Long Weekend

The long weekend draws to a close, but it ends with happiness and contentment.  What a great weekend.

It started Friday night with a DVD night with my honey.  We turned off the phones and curled up in front of the TV.

Saturday morning we headed out early.  I had a few errands to run.  Ross had a Reading at The Eternal Spirit.  I had a Reading there a few weeks ago and Ross has been keen to do the same.  He came out looking and feeling better than he has in a while.  For those who don't believe in Spiritual or Psychic Readings, this will make no sense, but for those who have experienced it, you will understand.

We visited a few friends, got our storage shed sorted out ready for our move in a few weeks, visited our kitty cats and Ross's Mum, then headed home for an early night.

Sunday Mum came over for lunch.  We made her some sushi.  It turned out great, and we were all impressed.  After she left we got ready then headed out to the Garden of Unearthly Delights at the Adelaide Fringe.  We had a great afternoon watching lots of Street Theatre performances and wandering around the Garden.  It is such a great venue and great event.  I can't believe I have lived in Adelaide for half of my adult life (and all of my childhood) and this is the first time I have been to the Garden.

Ross & I wated for a while before going to see the show we were waiting for.


In the evening we had tickets to see Granny Flaps, which is a character devised by a local comedian (also known as my cousin).  This was the first time I have seen her perform.  The character is based on our Grandma (her Mum and my Dad are brother and sister).  It was amazingly funny (although very crude, not for the faint at heart) and we left with sore faces from laughing so hard.  We caught up with her briefly after the show which was great as it has been a long time since we have seen each other.  If you ever get the chance to see the show I suggest you go.  Check out her fan page on Facebook (under Granny Flaps) if you are interested.

We walked home and enjoyed the cooler evening.  I did have to walk most of the way in my socks though, as my boots were hurting my feet.  But it was only a few kilometres so it wasn't too bad.

This morning I got up early and spent a couple of hours writing.  I was really pleased with the progress I made.  The I spent the afternoon watching the Oscars - I am a sucker for an awards show.  Now I am wating for Ross to get home, we will have a lovely dinner together, then head to bed for an early night before heading back to work tomorrow.

What a perfect weekend!

xox

1 comment:

Em said...

Aww it sounds like you had a great long weekend :) :) Lots of you-time, which is so important! Sounds like you are the sushi-master now too!!

I've never been to the Garden and I live in the city :P :P How bad is that!!! I really have to go before it all closes down for the year. Josh and I are going to see Ross Noble on Thursday night :D YAY!

Em
xo