Saturday, March 13, 2010

WhoGAF!

So, I hear you asking.  What on earth is WhoGAF?  Well, WhoGAF is my new motto for life.  Let me explain.

I have been mulling over my post on Introspection since the other day.  Thinking about your comments, Ross's thoughts, my own feelings after putting it out there.  I spoke with my boss about it a bit yesterday.  My boss is also a wonderful friend, so I felt comfortable talking to him about it.  He actually understood more than I expected, and he gave me WhoGAF.

WhoGAF stands for "Who Gives A F&*k!". 

It is about not caring what other people think.  WhoGAF!  Obviously it is not about work, or general decency.  It is what I need to start thinking about what other people may (or may not) think.  Strangers, friends, relatives.  WhoGAF!  If I want to wear something, or do something, or participate in something, and others don't like it, or don't think it is right, or what I should do - WhoGAF!  This is MY life and the only person who should GAF is ME!  And Ross to a certain extent, but he supports me in pretty much everything.

Reading back over this it sounds quite harsh, but it is really not meant to be.  It is just something that I need to put into my head whenever I start to think about or worry about what others may think of a decision I am going to make.  My decisions on my life are mine alone to make.  And as long as they do not adversely affect others, the thoughts and opinions of others should be irrelevant.

I know this isn't going to change within me instantly, but I am working on it. 

xox

2 comments:

Em said...

Woohooo! You go girl, you can do this!!

Was great to catch up last night. Ross is so lovely, too!! You guys make such a good couple :)

Em xox

Fat for a Triathlete said...

No, no, DILLIGAF!!!

Does it look like I give a F*%^

Lol. I was introduced to that at Rovers. Awesome saying!