Monday, September 6, 2010

After the Weekend

I had a good weekend.  I did not turn the computer on once.  It has been ages since I have done that and it was actually a really good feeling when I got to last night and realised that without even thinking about it, I had done it.

Friday night Ross & I were meant to go for a hike.  But the torrential rain we have been having, and were still having Friday night, put an end to those plans.  Instead we just spent a lovely evening in.  I was up until 2am reading.  I kept thinking - at the end of this chapter I'll turn out the light - but then I would get sucked in and before I knew it I was in the middle of the next chapter.  So I ended up finishing it. :o)

Saturday I spent at my Mum's.  I needed to use her big table to pin the knitted blanket to the backing fabric.  Since I was there I also ended up using her sewing machine to sew the binding.  Now all I need to do is tie the top to the bottom, which I am doing with cute little buttons.  I am about 1/5th of the way through that.  Hopefully I'll be finished the blanket within the next week or so.  Finally! LOL

Sunday started off beautifully.  Weather wise.  I went out to check on the veggie garden.  The snow peas and dwarf peas at about 2 inches high.  They look sensational.  The lettuces were coming up but one of the cats used it as a litter tray so they are pretty much gone.  I need to get a wire frame to put over to top of the pot before I put more in.  The rest are starting to sprout we think.  We have lost a lot of top soil due to the heavy rains we have had for the last couple of weeks, so I will probably have to put the rest in again.

Around 11.30 the rain kicked in and was settled for the whole day.  We went to the Nursing Home to visit Grandad.  It was hard.  He had no idea we were there.  He has shrunk and has aged about 20 years.  I don't think he has much time left.

Yesterday was especially hard for Ross.  It was his first Fathers Day without his Dad.  And then seeing his Grandad getting so frail before our eyes made it even harder.  But he tried to keep his spirits up.

This morning the last book I ordered from the Book Depository arrived.


Fast Food Nation.  It was one of the one recommended from Food Inc.  I am looking forward to reading it and will let you know what I think when I'm done.

xox

1 comment:

Megan said...

Good on you for having a whole weekend without the computer Kylie. It's something I should definitely think about, it can just suck so much time which could be put to much better use.

I must admit I miss your blog updates when you're away from the computer though!