Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Bluebell

So last night, I finish work at 5, get changed, put my helmet on, go outside and unlock Bluebell, turn her around to wheel her to the road, start pushing her, and she stops.  Hmmmm.....  This is weird.  Push again.  She won't move.  Have a look at the front wheel.  All good.  Have a look at the back wheel.  Seems to be stuck on the brake pad.  This is weird.  Jiggle with it a bit, but the back brakes are fixed on the frame. Lift the back of the bike and try to spin the wheel.  Eventually get it loose only to have it stop, one full rotation later.  WTF?!?!?!?!

So I have a closer look.  The back wheel is completely buckled in one spot.  It looks like someone has actually kicked it or rammed something heavy into it.  There is no way I can ride it.  I park her against a railing, off the footpath, and protected from traffic by a heavy fence.  There is no way this was hit by a car, and no way someone accidentally walked into it.

This was deliberate.

I am at a loss as to how people can be so brazen, but also so idiotic.  This is my mode of transport people.  I don't kick the wheels of your car to the point that you can't drive it.  I was furious.  Luckily Ross had the afternoon off so could come and pick us up.  He is going to take it to the bike shop today for me.  If it is just buckled it should only cost $15 or so to have straightened.  If it is cracked (and I didn't see any cracks thankfully) I could be looking at around $150 to replace it.  Like I have a spare $150 lying around to fix some morons anger management issues!

GRRRRRR...........

I am mega pissed off as you can tell.  And I needed to rant.  Thanks for listening.  I'll be off now...

xox

UPDATE:  Ross just called me with the verdict.  The rim is "Foobah" (Ross's word for F^&*ed).  $80 for a new one.  Not happy Jan...

3 comments:

WWSuzi said...

I'd definitely be pissed if that happened to me! Hope it doesn't cost much to fix.

Anonymous said...

Karma will come back to bite them xox I hope everything is ok at the bike shop

Megan said...

I swear there are more jerks in the world every day. Thinking of you and Bluebell :-(