Monday, September 13, 2010

Hexagons Hexagons, everywhere Hexagons

I spent most of yesterday cutting out fabric hexagons.  I am not exactly sure how many I have cut out, it would be somewhere in the vicinity of a 200 though.  At least.  :o)  I am going to make a Grandmas Flower Garden Quilt, which is basically lots and lots of hexagons sewn together and arranged to look like a flower garden.  This is a small example of what it will be like (not my work or photo).



Mine is going to have a pale green background though, and will be much much much bigger.  :o)  I am doing it by hand so I expect it to take several years to complete.

The lovely Em came over yesterday afternoon and between chatting and making home made pizza (the leftover of which I will be consuming tonight) we watched Food Inc.  It seriously had as much impact the second time around.  After Em left I picked up 'Fast Food Nation' and started reading.

It also occurred to me this weekend that we leave for Heyson in 5 weeks and I am no where near ready for it.  So I am looking around for a nearby gym that I can get a 1 month membership at so I can cram my training in - much like I used to do when studying for exams!  Luckily we have pretty much everything we need to go with.  I just need to get that fitness level right back up.  I'll keep you posted on the training.

xox

No comments: