Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Still Crook

I am still sick.  Last night I fell asleep sitting up on the couch at 6.30.  I hadn't even had dinner (in fact all I had eaten all day was a sandwich around lunch time).  Ross woke me up and put me to bed, where I stayed until 6.30 this morning.  The sad part is, I think I could have stayed in bed for a few more hours without a problem.  I NEVER sleep that long.

The upshot of all this is, Ross & I talked yesterday and have decided to postpone Heyson.  We will look at going in May next year.  I am devastated.  I have been looking forward to this for so long.  So has Ross.  We will probably go camping or something that week since we both have the time off work, but I am still heartbroken about not being able to go.

On Saturday I had the first meeting of my new writers group.  It was really good.  We just spent time getting to know each other and talking about different aspects of writing.  There was no real design or agenda to it, just casual conversation.  The next meeting will probably be more structured, but for the first one this was really nice.  It was great hearing abut how other people go about the writing process and what they write.  I am looking forward to next time.

Other than that I have not been doing much, just trying to get over this cold.  Sorry i haven't been reading and commenting on everyones blog, just really no energy right now.  I will try and catch up though.

xox

4 comments:

Megan said...

*hugs* Kylie. I know you guys must be really disappointed about the Heyson, but getting back to health will have to come first. May will be here before you know it! Look after yourself M xx

Kylie said...

Thanks Megan. :o)

Em said...

That's no good hun :( I think I'm getitng sick again too :( :( :( My throat is all sore and swollen - argh!! Not happy.

HOpe you're feeling better soon xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey Kyles.......I hope you're feeling a bit better xox