Saturday, November 27, 2010

Old Friends

Last night I had dinner with one of my closest friends, M.  M lives in the Northern Territory.  She moved up there a few years ago to do Nursing in remote Aboriginal communities.  She comes back once or twice a year and we try to catch up.

I am spewing that I forgot to take a photo of us together though. I usually do.

Anyway, we had dinner and talked and laughed and even cried a little bit.  It was absolutely incredible to see her.  Makes me realise just how much I do miss her.

It made me think a lot about old friends.  Many of my friends live great distances away.  Some in Qld where I used to live.  But many have just moved away as life has taken them down different paths.

How lucky are we to live in a age where staying in contact is as easy as logging on to the internet or picking up a telephone to call or text. Or even catching a 4 hour midnight $99 flight to visit.  It makes our long distance friendships that much more alive.

100 Days of Gratitude - Day 12
Today I am grateful for friendships that last the distance, both figuratively and literally.

xox

No comments: