Sunday, July 11, 2010

Book Club



Guess who has been baking again...  :o)  The first one is Polka Dot cookies - I got the recipe from the Newspaper.  I tried it with M&M's and also Smarties.  The Smarties lost their colour and the M&M's cracked.  I'll try a generic brand next time and see if they work better.  Either way - they taste delish!  The 2nd one is my own concoction.  Chai Latte Cookies.  The recipe was for coffee cookies but I substituted - and the result was amazing!  The spices in the Chai cook beautifully.  Definitely a winner.

This morning was my first Book Club meeting.  I have to admit, I was quite nervous.  I am always nervous meeting new people though, and this was a group of new people.  It was fantastic though.  It was really interesting hearing other peoples thoughts and interpretations on the book.  The interesting thing was there was discussion of a character I can't even remember!  I'll have to go back and read it again now.  We have picked the book, the date and the location for next time and I can't wait!

After Book Club I rode to the library to offload the heavy contents of my backpack and to grab a few more books that I have on hold.  The library was shut!  I forgot it doesn't open until 1 on Sundays.  I dropped off the books in the after hours chute then rode to KMart to try and get a copy of the book for the next Book Club.  KMart have changed their book section, and it now sucks.  One shelf of novels, that's it.  I'll have to go to Big W on my way home tomorrow night - they have a better selection.

All up I rode about 28kms today which is the most I have ridden in ages.  The ride in this morning was sluggish and hard.  I haven't been on the bike for a week and I could feel it.  At one point I even stopped to check if I had a flat I felt so sluggish.  The ride back was great though - despite the head wind.  I was more energised and my legs got that cool tingly feeling they get when you are getting good exercise in.

I haven't been for a run yet (I was with Grandad all day yesterday) and my legs are pretty tired now so I will do it tomorrow night.  The Start Running Group starts in 11 days and I want to get 3 or 4 runs in before then so I won't feel so blah on the first night.

xox

No comments: