Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I did it

I did it.  I actually followed through on what I said I was going to do and went for a run last night.  I walked to the start of my 2km stretch then shuffle-ran most of the first km.  I turned and took turns doing proper-running and walking.  I think I only ran about 400m of that km, but I tried to really stride out and do it properly.  The new shoes felt great.  I need new socks though.  My ankle socks rolled down a bit and got uncomfortable.  I have some better ones somewhere, I'll have to dig them out.

Although it still was not a great run, I have decided to stop being so angry at myself over the break and losing the fitness.  I can't change it, all I can do is work hard to fix it.

I have also sent myself back to Calorie King to start tracking food again.  Last time I lost all the weight I got super-obsessed and I am determined not to go back to that again.  But I do need to track the food.  At least for a while until I get myself back into some sort of control again.

That's it from me today - nothing too earth shattering.  Hope you're having a great hump-day!

xox

1 comment:

Fat for a Triathlete said...

Good work on the run. I am working on mine again... I think I need to buy a Garmin to keep me motivated... at least the tax man "might" agree... :D Glad you went. I was glad I went last night too.