Monday, July 5, 2010

Still nothing happening

I am debating if I am going to blog on days like this when there is really nothing happening. I am sure it is boring. But sometimes I just feel like writing.

Another weekend spent mostly at home, trying to give MIL something of a break from constantly taking care of Grandad. Saturday I spent reading, writing, and cooking. Ross was at work all day which was the only down side as I really miss him on weekends, but he is so happy in his job I would never let him know that I am kinda feeling a bit lost without him there. Thankfully Grandad takes up a lot of time and energy while he is up.

It is weird, he is only awake for an hour or two at a time, but it is so intense. You have to watch him constantly as he is always waiting for you to turn your back so he can try and get up to look for his cigarettes – which we have to hide or he sneaks them into bed and tries to light up in bed in the middle of the night. Fortunately we have heavy wooden chairs on a tiled floor so we can always hear the scrape as he pushes the chair back. However Saturday afternoon we obviously hadn’t pushed him in far enough and he managed to slide off the chair. MIL caught him just as he was about to throw a glass on the floor looking through the cupboard for those blasted cigarettes.

Anyway, I did get some writing done. I have now written 2 chapters of the novel and I also got to work on the next children’s picture book story I am preparing to send to the publisher. I have forwarded the first one to my second choice of publishers and will prepare this one for the first choice. Right now it is still too long so needs a lot of tightening up. Hopefully it will be ready in a month or so.

Saturday afternoon I felt like baking and made some Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookies. These are seriously the easiest cookies I have ever made. Anyone who has kids who like to cook, this is the recipe for you!



Sunday I got up early to make Ross breakfast before work. I found a recipe for Buttermilk Pancakes and thought I would give it a go. Can I just say – YUMMMMMMO! I will NEVER get those pancake shake mixes again. These are so much better.



I spent the rest of the day just reading and helping out with Grandad, as well as doing some chores etc around the house.

What I didn’t do was get out for a run or a ride. I am really struggling right now. It is cold, I am tired, and, well, nothing else really. These two things keep me off the roads. I need to find a way to make myself do it. I know I feel better after I get out there, but getting out there is so hard.

This morning I was so exhausted I cheated and brought the car to work. Grandad was up 4 or 5 times last night (I lost count). Every time I was just warm, or finally comfortable, or dozing, I heard the inevitable grunting and the springs bouncing as he tried to get up. So up I got….

OK, tonight, assuming I get home from the doctors before dark (nothing serious just a check up following on from the events in Feb) I will go for a run. No excuses.

xox

1 comment:

Fat for a Triathlete said...

Lol that's wasn't THAT boring. And besides, we're here for you on boring days as well!! Grandad sounds like a right rascal... lol. Bit like a young child... kind of amazing how it cycles like that huh?
Glad to hear the book is going well :D