Monday, July 19, 2010

No Hike

Well, the rain didn't really let up yesterday, so the planned hike did not happen.  But we decided to turn it into "Date Day" and went out.  The first stop was to Ross's work so I could get some new hiking shoes.  I can;t wear my sneakers when we do Heyson, and my hiking boots are a bad fit and hurt.  So I wanted Hiking Shoes. 

Ross works at Kathmandu who happen to be on sale at the moment.  So I went in and picked this really comfy pair of shoes.  50% off plus Ross's staff discount gave me an AWESOME deal!



But it didn't stop there....  I also got:

Some socks...



A new microfleece jumper...



A headlamp (since we are going to be doing some of our training in the evening)...



Ear muffs for those chilly mornings on the bike...



And a gel seat cover that Saturdays ride convinced me I needed...



I was horrified by how much I picked out, but the sale and the discount meant that the whole lot only cost $184.  Considering the shoes retail for $169 and the jumper for $139, I kinda think I got some bargains!

After spending all of our money we had some lunch then went to the movies.  We saw the new Karate Kid movie.  Being children of the 80's we are both big fans of the original and seriously didn't think they would be able to do it justice.  But we wanted to see if anyway.  And I am so glad we did because it was AWESOME!  Better than the original.  Good story, great acting, amazing fight scenes.  And it was filmed around China so the scenery was amazing.  I highly recommend it.

Tonight the plan is to make up for yesterdays missed hike and go up to Shepherds Hill Recreation Park for an evening hike.  Ross is going to pick me up then we'll head straight up there.  I will get to test out the new shoes, socks, jumper and headlamp.  :o)

I'll leave you with some picks from this mornings ride into work.  There is a thick fog over Adelaide.  The air is so thick that when I took the photos to show you the flash picked up the moisture in the air which has left speckles over the photos.  These were taken from the top of the tram bridge over South Road.




xox

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That does look like you got a great deal! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Anonymous said...

I have one of those ear muff headbands :) They are great for riding to work and running in the mornings. I love Katmandu! I could spend hours in there thinking of all the adventures I want to go on. Enjoy your hiking training tonight xo