Wednesday, July 14, 2010

More Riding

Yesterday afternoon at around 2ish the wind picked up in Adelaide to a pretty high speed.  The corrugated iron on the roof sounded as though it were flapping around, full bins were getting blown over, branches were coming off trees.  The wind gusts got up to 65kmph.



Thankfully, by the time I left work at around 5.15pm they had died down considerably.  Prior to the winds picking up I had planned a longer ride home.  Mostly the same as Monday, until I get about 2kms from home, then I have the option of an extra 4.5km loop.  At around 2.30 I was thinking that I would be riding straight home.  65kmph westerly winds, and I live in a westerly direction from work. 

By 5 the wind had died down enough that I decided to do the same ride as Monday, but not the loop.  It was still windy, it was cold, and there was rain about.  I got to the point where I could either go straight home or add the loop, and thought 'what the hell'.  I did the loop.  The result was a 16.5km ride home in pretty high winds, with rain for the last 3kms.  I got home freezing, but jumped straight into a hot shower which is always nice.

After dinner I did more work on my cards.  I don't need to have them finished until Friday night now, but I am going to try and get them done tonight.  60 are finished, and the other 60 are started, so it shouldn't be too hard to get them done.

I am currently sitting at my desk drying off.  It rained the whole way in this morning...  My riding clothes are strung over chairs strategically placed in front of my little heater.  Luckily I always have a change of clothes at work.  The only problem is that last time it rained I used my spare knickers.  And I haven't replaced them.  So that back of my bum is wet and cold...  LOL  Tonight I have to head straight home as I am on Grandad Duty while MIL goes to her craft class, so no long ride tonight.  I think I will miss it, I have really enjoyed the last 2 nights.

xox

No comments: