Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Another Night Hike

Ross and I went up to Shep again last night.  This time we decided to do our usual track in reverse.  That way as we came down the last big hill we would have the twinkling lights of Adelaide in front of us instead of to our backs.  It was a beautiful night.  We ended up just in t-shirts.  The steep down we usually walk became a steep up.  And I mean steep!  I had no idea it was such a steep hill.  LOL  It is amazing how different your perception is depending on if you are going up or down.

It normally takes us an hour and a half or so to do our track.  On Sunday, because we kept stopping for photos and to look at the birds, it took nearly 2 hours.  Last night we did it in 1 hour 10 minutes.  I have no idea how or why.  It didn't feel as though we were going faster.  And believe me, I had to stop several times going up.  But it took a lot less time.

I have been loading my back pack with books and things to start creating weight when we hike, but soon I will have to start doing the hikes with my full kit on so I get used to it.  I am a bit wary about how the weight will go, but I need to do it.

My ankle held up really well.  It was twinge-ing at the end, so I iced it when we got home and it feels good now.  I have decided not to even attempt to run until after the hike.  I am not risking an injury.  Once we get back I will start running again.

xox

1 comment:

Trace said...

Hope your ankle is still holding up Kylie, and your having a really nice relaxing week at work, Just a little note to say hi and that I am thinking of ya. ox Trace