Friday, August 13, 2010

Writing Zone

I am in a bit of a writing zone at the moment.  I spent a few hours yesterday working on the next chapter of the book.  I finished chapter 6 and am part way through chapter 7.  I really really wish I didn't have to be at work today as I would have loved to have spent several hours today just mulling over the next part.  But that's life.  I have very few plans for the weekend so hopefully I can get some more done.

I started reading the next Book Club book last night as well.  It is called We Need To Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver.



Again, this one is very different to the type of book I normally read, but I think I will enjoy it.  I am not far enough into it yet to be sure.  It is about a boy - Kevin - who kills 7 classmates and 3 teachers.  But it is not about him so much as his mother.  It is written as a series of letters written by Kevin's mother, Eva, to her estranged husband.  She starts writing them a year and a half after the killings and uses the letters to try and sort out what made Kevin who he was and turned him into someone who would do this.  She has guilt over the fact that she never wanted him in the first place and tries to decipher if she made him into this person or if he was just born evil.

I am not going to do 5 daily goals today, I am going to do 10 goals for the next few days.

Goals
1)  Drink enough water every day
2)  Monitor food intake
3)  Go for a bike ride
4)  Go for a walk
5)  Finish book club book
6)  Finish chapter 7
7)  Housework
8)  Paperwork
9)  Return overdue library books
10)  Practice Tarot

xox

No comments: