Saturday, August 14, 2010

Bringing Back the WhoGAF!

This morning I was lucky enough to meet a new person.  I love to meet new people.  Sarah sent me an email last week.  She had found my blog through Calorie King and it turns out we are members of a couple of the same meetup.com groups, including the book club, although we have not been to any of the same meeting yet.  That's Adelaide for you - never mind 7 steps of separation, try 2 steps of separation!  So we decided to catch up for coffee.

It was really great to meet someone that I have a lot in common with.  We ended up talking for 3 hours!  About a range of different topics.  Thanks Sarah, it was great meeting you.

I ended up getting to the library only 40 minutes before closing so didn't get to spend as much time writing as I would have liked.  That's okay though. It just wanted meant to be today.  I ended up visiting Ross at work and then doing a little bit of shopping.  I bought this awesome new handbag.



I have been looking for a bright but not overly fussy handbag for ages, and this was perfect.  And at $29 (marked down from $109.95) a bargain to boot!

SO the WhoGAF.  WhoGAF stands for Who Gives A Fu&k.  A few months ago this was my big revelation to myself.  I needed to stop worrying about what others think and just live my life.  WhoGAF has kind of gotten a bit lost of late, so it is time to bring it back.  I have gone back to worrying about what others think.  Not as much as I used to, but it is creeping back in.

So this is my mission for the next month or so.  Whenever I find myself cringing about something or holding my tongue in case people think 'badly' or 'poorly' of me, I will shake myself off and think - WhoGAF!  It is my life and I will do as I damn well please!

xox

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It was great meeting you as well Kylie and look forward to more coffees in the future. Adelaide is definitely like a big town in some ways!
Love your handbag:)