Tuesday, January 12, 2010

More on Accountability

Further to my post this morning about Accountability, I have been thinking.

I know I said I wouldn’t do it, but…

I am thinking of joining a gym again. I need something to keep me accountable. There is a womens gym down the road from work. They have a personal trainer package which gives you full access to the gym, plus once a week/fortnight/month you see a trainer. You get this nifty little training diary and between visits you are expected to have achieved certain things (based on your goals etc).

I am thinking that this may be what I need to get me doing what I need to be doing. It would definitely give me the Accountability if I know a trainer will be assessing my progress once a month.

The gym also has Pilates & Yoga, both things I was wanting to learn this year. As well as other classes including RPM.

The only thing holding me back, is that it is $24pw for the once a month plan… sigh…

xox

3 comments:

Trace said...

I know what you mean with the $$ factor. I am always in two minds about stuff .. so existed to get moving and motivated but the $$ is a problem with my situation as well. I do make my self accountable thou. I have a Big White board in my office one half is full of work crap and the other has my goals on it. How many KG's to go and goals for the month. I mark them off as i go. It is a talking point when i have visitors to my office and makes me very accountable when i have to provide updates to them all. Just thought i would share. :)

Em said...

Eeshh... $24!! I hate it how you have to pay so much more for flexibility..

BUT at least if you don't like it, you can get out of it after the month, no strings attached!

Find my way back said...

Do it!! If it what you want to do then do it. I met some wonderful friends at the gym and I was huge when I first started.