Swayerm over at A Day in the Life Of… asked us to make a list of 5 things we are thankful for. Here is my list
1) My husband. I am aware how corny that is, but I truly am. This is my 2nd marriage. The 1st one was terrible in oh so many ways. So I truly do appreciate being with someone who obviously loves me and cares for me and treats me with love and respect.
2) My family. Ross & I had a very difficult year last year and we were incredibly blessed to have our families around to be there for us and support us through.
3) My ability to work. This might sound weird, but the fact that I can and do hold a reasonably decent job is something I am truly thankful for. If I couldn’t work and support us I don’t know what I would do.
4) My health. I know I have mistreated my body quite badly, and my health is not brilliant, but it also isn’t too bad. My body has held up under years of abuse and is still going okay. Although I am starting to feel the ravages of age (40 seems to be approaching at an alarming rate) I am doing okay.
5) My friends and support network. Many years ago nearly all my friendships were completely dysfunctional. I made a conscious decision to cultivate and develop good strong friendships with positive people. I feel that I have done this and I am so grateful to have these amazing people in my life.