Friday, January 15, 2010

Take Me Out To The Ball Game

Take me out to the ball game,
Take me out with the crowd;
Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack,
I don't care if I never get back.
Let me root, root, root for the home team,
If they don't win, it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,
At the old ball game.



Ross & I went to watch the Baseball tonight.  It was an AWESOME game.  SA annihilated the Vics.  Well, that's an exaggeration, by annihilated I mean the score was 2-5 with SA not batting in the 9th (no need).  We had such a fun evening.  The game lasted nearly 3 hours, but it seriously felt like we were there no more than 1.  The picture above was taken in the 8th inning just as the big lights had come on.

The game was kind of bitterswet.  Ross used to go with his Dad to the Baseball, so there was some tender moments while we remembered.  No here's the weird thing.  I remember my Dad taking me.  We went to Norwood Oval, which was where tonights game was.  As I was sitting there, I looked over to my right and I actually remembered where we sat.  Dad passed over 28 years ago, and was sick for a while before that, so we are talking going at least 29 years into my memory.  But I am sure I remember where we sat, and just some general feelings about it.  It was really nice.

Next season we will definitely be going to more games.  It truly was an awesome night.




xox


1 comment:

Find my way back said...

I have given you a Blog award. You can check it out on my latest post! Congrats!