Saturday, October 9, 2010

Holidays: Day 1: A Relaxing Day At Home

My holidays have started with a lovely relaxing day.  I got up early-ish - about 7.30.  I didn't really feel like getting up so I grabbed a new book from my library stash.  I paid a visit to the library yesterday and stocked up for the holidays.  I plan on doing a lot of reading in the next fortnight.  I grabbed a Laura Childs book.


Her books are pretty light on, but I have just read a couple of fairly heavy books so I need a break.

I spent the morning on the computer, just playing games and reading emails.  While at the same time watching NCIS on DVD.  And reading a chapter here and there.  It was lovely.

I also went out and took some photos of our garden.  While we did lose quite a lot of seeds in the storms several weeks ago, our snow peas and dwarf peas survived and are doing incredibly.



We also seem to have pumpkins coming up, which is interesting since we did not plant any.  LOL  We did put down compost that had pumpkin seeds in it (from pumpkins we had eaten) but that must have been enough.  We were going to plant them anyway, so I guess this saved us the effort.

Last weekend Ross and his Mum also dug out a new patch ready for us to use.  It needs some more preparation, but it is getting there.


Bit hard to see in the photo, but half the front yard will soon be filled with veggies.

I spent the first part of the afternoon doing some spring cleaning.  This will no doubt be a theme of the next 2 weeks.  We have quite a lot to go through.  Plus we have to go to our storage shed and get our summer clothes out and store our heavier winter clothes.  I ended up washing our summer quilt.  Since I hadn't taken a pic of it before I figured that I might as well while it is hanging on the line.


I made this when I still lived in Qld, probably 9 or 10 years or so ago.  It is one of my favourite quilts.  One of the few I made that I am still in possession of, most have been given away.

So I spent the rest of the avo sewing hexagons.  I have now done 24.  I have 48 to go which means I am exactly 1/3 of the way through the flaowers.  Considering I have only been working on it for 5 weeks, I am incredibly impressed with how many I have got through.

Overall, my holidays have started on a great note, and I am looking forward to the next 2 weeks.

To say good bye for the day, here is a pic of our youngest (and biggest) cat Starr.



xox

No comments: