Saturday, October 16, 2010

Holidays: Day 8: Stitching and Cutting

I have spent the day sewing and cutting.  But I get ahead of myself.

Last night I finished my Marian Keyes book.  I really enjoyed it.  I have liked all of her books that I have read.  Not the sort of thing I would read often, but great for when I am in the mood.  I have started the next book from the library stash:


Someone Knows My Name by Lawrence Hill.  Completely outside of my normal realm of reading, it is about a slave woman in America in the 1800's.  Like I said in the book reviews I did yesterday, I have new interest in this topic.

Ross was working today so I got stuck into my sewing.  I am now halfway through the flowers.  I have done 36 of the 72 I need to do.  Once I got to that point I decided to finish cutting the hexagons for the flowers.  I had done most of them, but had about another 200 to go.  It took ages, but I got them done...


Of course, once they are all stitched together I have to attach them with over 700 light green hexies, then border with a couple hundred dark green, but I am trying not to think about that too much right now...  LOL

Yesterday I ordered a couple of Jelly Rolls from Green Fairy Quilts who have a sale on at the moment.  I am going to use them to start making my couch coverings and pillows.  When they arrive I'll post photos.  They are in shades of blue and I think they will look great.

xox

No comments: